Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Love the Clouds!



My sister-in-law keeps posting the most beautiful sky photos from their house up in Nevada - Corey and Debi live near Lake Tahoe in one of our favorite valleys in the country! I'm always so jealous, since the common sky here is blue; Day after day, clear clear clear. Colorful sunsets are rare.

So when I headed out for my walk this morning and realized we had some real color up in our sky, I was SO glad I'd grabbed the phone/camera as I stepped out the door. I hurried around the corner to get a better view, aware that each step - each second - the rich purples, pinks and oranges were fading from the sunrise.

I met Nichole up on a corner and the first words out of her mouth were about the colorful sky, so I suggested we head further over to an open spot over the golf course that would afford a house-less view and a true vista.

I grabbed my phone to quickly snap a photo, but then realized I really don't have MY phone... my phone has cracks in the hinges and I've been using a similar phone we inherited from Jim's sister Linda last July. I am using it until I figure out if I want to get a new phone, but its differences vex me. And the camera, how do I operate the camera?! I'm hurrying, knowing that literally every second means the gorgeous colors are fading, and we can see that already.






Nichole is getting out her phone as well, and I'm fiddling with mine. I think I've finally done it and take a few pictures - here's the prettiest one. Not bad for unretouched out of a camera.







But we were interrupted by nearly falling down laughing when I took a look at my first shot. I'd been hurrying to snap the photo, trying to figure out even if there was a button to push, I thought I'd previously seen one over on the side of the phone. I find it and finally take aim at the changing sky and shoot.





And when I quickly brought up my first photo to see if it were even decent - well you can see why I nearly fell over laughing.









There's a reason this isn't a Photo Blog.

4 comments:

  1. My Dear Robin, Loved your page! I thought it was the funniest when you told me at that moment you took the picture of yourself. It is even funnier to see your expression clearly in your blog. Look at yourself again. "I hope I can get this to work...Am I doing this right???... I've got to hurry, the colors are changing..." You can see all your feelings right on your expression. Life is not boring because of this kind of moments. Thank you for that. Oh..how I enjoy our walks! Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, those pictures came out all BEAUTIFUL including yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud at your face! Chels

    ReplyDelete