Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Working Lunch

I was at Aubrey's Monday, helping with the last day of Summer Academy. 8 little 3-5 yr olds all experimenting with markers and paper towels and water. Then after their needed snacks of Goldfish and Craisins, they broke into two groups to play. The boys played with a pirate ship and the little girls brought out dollies and all the strollers, etc, to make for serious Mommy/Baby play. Well, except for Sarah Princess (I asked her her name so I could write on her cup, and she told me Sarah Princess. Aubrey tells me Sarah means princess... and since Sarah has 4 older brothers, she's retaining her royal identity.)


Sarah played pirate ship with the bigger boys, but the only remaining little action figure to be found was Buzz Lightyear, but she made do. She has brothers, she knows how to hold her own with all the big boys.

Little Whit-Whit getting ready to go to lunch - - ->

After the kids left and we did some clean-up, I took Aubrey's 3, plus Jamie's bbf, Kayla, out to Mickey D's for lunch. (I bought me some Boston Market first.) That way they could romp and such before and during and after eating their burgers. The grampa behind me had FIVE in his group, bigger boys running loudly back to the table, then back to the playground, while he got a little work done on his phone. At the end as he was packing up, I commented to him about how nice it was to keep them corralled there, and he said they'd already been to the movies that morning, and STILL had all this energy!!

I, too, was working after a fashion; I had also brought along Beth. I knew she stayed home from her job that day since we'd gotten home so late the night before from our Sea World trip, so we went and picked her up. She, however, opted to take her quarter pounder around the corner in a booth by herself in the QUIET, away from the shrieking children.

Today is lunch out with Kraig, he and I will go somewhere to eat and even run errands, and he will put his John Hancock to my end-of-the-month billing that I need to turn in tomorrow morning. He calls it "Paper-signing Day". I call it another working lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment