Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Call Me Adolfo

I just got a copy of my credit report. I should have done this months ago, I knew back in October when we purchased our Kia that there was something hinkey on it.
"We aren't going to put your name on the loan, your credit doesn't look so great, not with your bankrupcy and all..."
HUH?

Well, I finally asked for copies, first from Trans Union, who think I am Robin B Reeder. (I do not have a middle name.) And that I lived in Tempe at Beth's house, and that I have an American Express card. (Luckily that person is keeping that card current.) I tried to do an online dispute late last night, frustrated that about the only personal thing I can change is my phone number. I gave up and will simply have to write them a letter.

It got so much better this morning when I then printed out 23 pages from Experian. Did you know I am also Roberto Adolfo Franco ? Sounds JUST LIKE ME, no wonder they got us mixed up!! Apparently I had so much credit debt, I filed for bankrupcy and all this bad news will follow me for another decade or so! I live somewhere in either Fresno or Montecito, they know me over at Sacramento Superior court, and I've been sued by an employer it seems. You didn't know Robin was such a bad-ass, did you? (okay, a strong word there for a family blog read by the Stake president, but Ruffian and Fiend just didn't seem like they'd offer the same punch.)

I will print out a third report from another agency when we get more printer ink. And I shall write strongly worded disputes to them to get this back to order. My biggest question is whether this Adolfo character has my same Soc Security number. If he does, that will be such a big hassle and entail law enforcement intervention, right? And if he does not, then why in the world did they attach him to ME?? Grrrrr.

Luckily I haven't had need to open any credit other than our car last fall, we are not interested in any more credit cards. ( It does explain now why Chase dropped my card when it expired a year ago. NOT because I wasn't using it, they say it is because I was 30 days late on a payment THREE years previous. But now I see how Adolfo's sordid life has sullied my reputation.)

Here is where I started, to be certain I was giving my personal info to a credible source:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre34.shtm
Once a year you can order a report (I never asked for my 'score') from each agency, and it should be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment