Monday, August 1, 2011

Recipient

This morning I was the recipient of a wonderful act of kindness.

I got home from my walk and remembered I needed to quickly get a signature from Jenny's dad, it being the first of the month and my paperwork was all due to be turned in to the agency in a few hours.
As I drove away from the Osborn's, I realized I was hungry and only a block from Micky D's, and suddenly I was craving one of their breakfast sandwiches. And OJ too, that sounded SO delicious.
Oh, but I didn't have any cash, I'd given it all to the lawn boy on Saturday. But I always have a bunch of change in the car, so I grabbed a handful of coins and stuck it in my wallet.

And even though I was still in my sweaty walking clothes, I went inside to order.

At the counter, however, I was counting out the coins and when the lady said 3.79, I realized my OJ upgrade put me over my coinage. I considered going back out to the car to get more money, but instead figured I could live without the extras. "I'll just take the sandwich, I don't have enough for the meal," I told her .

"Yes you do!" a man said, and slipped a dollar under my arm onto the counter. I looked over my shoulder and got a little glimpse of an unshaved older fellow, so I threw back a "Thank you!" as I counted out the rest of the money. I then looked around for him, but he was gone.

I got my meal and realized I was grinning as I headed out the door.

But then I couldn't help but wonder, "Just how needy DO I look here in my yoga pants and sweaty hair??"

1 comment:

  1. Never too needy looking to receive a kindness from someone else! :o) He was probably grinning too!

    ReplyDelete